SP3243EIntelligent +3.0V to +5.5V RS-232 Transceiver
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- ±15kV ESD protection
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and adheres to EIA/TIA-562 down to a +2.7V power source
- AUTO ON-LINE® circuitry automatically wakes up from a 1µA shutdown
- Regulated Charge Pump Yields Stable RS-232 Outputs Regardless of VCC Variations
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- 250 Kbps min. transmission rate (EB)
- 1000 Kbps min. transmission rate (EU)
- Ideal for High Speed RS-232 Applications
The SP3243E products are 3 driver/5 receiver RS-232 transceiver solutions intended for portable or hand-held applications such as notebook and palmtop computers. The SP3243E includes one complementary receiver that remains alert to monitor an external device's Ring Indicate signal while the device is shutdown. The SP3243E and EB devices feature slew-rate limited outputs for reduced crosstalk and EMI. The "U" and "H" series are optimized for high speed with data rates up to 1Mbps, easily meeting the demands of high speed RS-232 applications. The SP3243E series uses an internal high-efficiency, charge-pump power supply that requires only 0.1μF capacitors in 3.3V operation. This charge pump and Exar's driver architecture allow the SP3243E series to deliver compliant RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.0V to +5.5V. The AUTO ON-LINE® feature allows the device to automatically "wake-up" during a shutdown state when an RS-232 cable is con- nected and a connected peripheral is turned on. Otherwise, the device automatically shuts itself down drawing less than 1μA.
For technical support or help choosing a product please email Exar’s Serial Technical Support group at:
|Part Status Legend
|Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
|EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
|CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
|PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
|OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
|NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.